Monday 23 September 2013

The 360 view

I have been blessed so far undertaking around forty interviews about John for my book. From old friends to colleagues, his agent, co stars, fans and crew. I have stories coming out of my ears.

I am writing the book but I am not really a writer, the interviews are telling the story for me - just as it should be. I have no clue when this will be finished as with every interview it changes ever so slightly. The common theme though is "Everybody loved John" - and they did.

This project would not exist without those who were willing to give their time, trust and memories and I will always be grateful. If you knew John please get in touch, I would love to hear your story.

I'm off to watch Only The Lonely one of my favourite John Candy films. For those of you who haven't seen the film before I have it on good authority from two of John's old friends, Jonathan O'Mara and Charles Northcote, this was the character that John was most like in real life. Just loveable.

Next on the list... searching for Maureen O'Hara, wish me luck!

To keep posted on the blog, book and some lovely classic Candy moments please also like my group on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/searchingforcandy

No comments:

Post a Comment